Music for All’s mission is to create, provide, and expand positively life-changing experiences through music for all. Our vision is to be a catalyst to ensure that every child in America has access and opportunity for active music-making in his or her scholastic environment.
Founded in 1975, Music for All is a destination – and sets the standard – for scholastic music ensemble performance and music education advocacy. Music for All provides ensemble experiences, hands-on opportunities for individual student performance training and growth, and teacher professional development.
Music for All is also committed to informing and empowering students, parents, and teachers to be engaged advocates for the arts and music education in their communities and across the nation.
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization, Music for All’s programs include 30+ annual events, serving more than 500,000 attendees each year. Our programs including the Bands of America Grand National Championships and Regional Championships for marching bands, the Music for All Summer Symposium camp for students and teachers, the Music for All National Festival and Affiliate Regional Music Festivals for concert bands, orchestras, choirs, chamber ensembles, percussion ensembles, and the national honor concert band, jazz band, orchestra, and the Bands of America Honor Band that will march for the fifth time in the Rose Parade® in 2021.
Current Open Positions
POSITION DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Music for All is seeking an individual to be our Controller. This is a full-time salaried position. The Controller reports to the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer and is an important part of the Music for All Team. Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervision of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Coordinate the external audit & preparation of the 990
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Every candidate for a position at Music for All must understand and acknowledge that a substantial portion of the organization’s business is the planning and execution of special events. As such, all Music for All employees are involved in the planning of events and have some on-site event production duties and responsibilities, including some evenings, weekends, and overnights, at known times throughout the year. This position could include managing accounting functions onsite at events, such as a box office manager, volunteer training, program sales, and cash management.
Music for All is seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual with the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA Candidate (preferred)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting with hands-on experience leading the monthly and yearly close process
- Experience in the non-profit sector (preferred)
- Experience with accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains preferred) and MS Office suite
- Excellent attention to detail, especially under tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to serve Music for All’s mission
Please submit cover letter, resume, and application through this website: https://ezhireweb.com/musicforall/
Select the "I want to Apply" option. From there, select the "Register" option. Once registered, login and complete the application and attach your resume and cover letter. If you have any questions, while you are navigating the website, there is a Chat System, that will allow you to speak with a representative directly.