Music for All’s mission is to create, provide and expand positively life-changing experiences through music for all. Our vision is to be a catalyst to ensure that every child in America has access and opportunity for active music-making in his or her scholastic environment. Music for All is unique in that it combines programming at a national level with arts education advocacy. Bands of America and Orchestra America are programs of Music for All.
Founded in 1975, Music for All is a destination – and sets the standard – for scholastic music ensemble performance and music education advocacy. Music for All provides ensemble experiences, hands-on opportunities for individual student performance training and growth, and teacher professional development.
Music for All is also committed to informing and empowering students, parents, and teachers to be engaged advocates for the arts and music education in their communities and across the nation.
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization, Music for All’s programs include 30+ annual events, serving more than 500,000 attendees each year – more than 1.3 million in our 45-year history. Our programs including Bands of America Grand National Championships and Regional Championships, Music for All Summer Symposium, the Music for All National Festival and Affiliate Regional Music Festivals for concert ensembles, and national honor ensembles for students, including the Bands of America Honor Band that will march for the fifth time in the Rose Parade® in 2022.
Current Open Positions
Music for All is seeking an individual to be our Revenue Analyst. This individual reports to the Controller. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform accounting operations related to program revenues.
- Maintain records of billings and revenue received and due related to Sponsorship agreements, Grants, Commissions, and Donations.
- Work with venues to manage ticketing for MFA events through Ticketmaster or our third party provider, including managing secondary box office orders, and coordinating ticketing process from pre-orders through settlement of each Ticketmaster event.
- Oversee processing of revenue related financial transactions and processing of customer invoices in a timely manner.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable aging and manage collection of past due accounts. Identify and resolves outstanding balances on a monthly basis.
- Verify, balance, and perform daily deposits.
- Prepare accounting records and financial reports per organization standards.
- Perform reconciliations of accounts receivable and deferred revenue accounts.
- Support financial planning, revenue variance analysis, and revenue budgeting and forecasting.
- Utilize software applications for company accounting operations.
- Support recruitment and training of event volunteers and contract staff for box office operations.
Every candidate for a position at Music for All must understand and acknowledge that a substantial portion of the organization’s business is the planning and execution of special events. As such, all Music for All employees are involved in the planning of events and have some on-site event production duties and responsibilities.
Music for All is seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual with the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- Three to five years of related work experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and accounting software i.e. Microsoft Dynamics (Business Central 365) and customer database management software such as SalesForce.
- Experience with box office management preferred.
- Ticketmaster experience strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to serve Music for All’s mission.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.