In recognition of our 40th Anniversary in 2015, Music for All celebrated our past, present, and future. Here are 40 highlights from our 40th Anniversary year:
- Music for All receives invitation from the Tournament of Roses for the Bands of America Honor Band to march in the 2017 Rose Parade® in Pasadena, California.
- As part of the partnership, the Tournament of Roses also invited the BOA Honor Band to march in the 2021 Rose Parade.
- The Tournament of Roses parade will continue to invite one band from among the Bands of America Grand National Semi-Finalists to march in the Rose Parade.
- Music for All announces Middle School Student Concert Band Track to launch at 2016 Music for All Summer Symposium.
- Planning begins on the new Directors' Track at the Music for All National Festival.
- The Chamber Music National Festival launches at the 2015 Music for All National Festival.
- Music for All signs five year sponsor agreement to take part in the Music for All State Fair Band Day, presented by Music Travel Consultants starting in 2015.
- Music for All joins Music Travel Consultants as a sponsor of CITSA, the Central Indiana Track Show Association.
- Music for All signs on as charter partner of Be Part of the Music and Be Part of the Orchestra, both programs begin production in 2015. These new Be Part of… programs expand the Be Part of the Band: Elementary Style that Music for All is also a sponsor of.
- Music for All announces partnership with United Sound, a new initiative aimed at helping children with special needs to become involved in their high school band and orchestra programs.
- Northern California Regional added to fall schedule 2015, first time in NoCal in over 20 years.
- Largest number of Bands of America Championships in Music for All history in 2015, with 20 total shows.
- First marching band from Alaska to compete in the Grand National Championships to appear in the 2015 event: Colony H.S., Alaska.
- First marching band from Hawaii to compete in the Grand National Championships to appear in the 2015 event: Mililani H.S. Hawaii.
- First band from Hawaii is invited and performs at the Music for All National Festival in 2015.
- Bellbrook High School, Ohio, Band Alumni coordinate Grand Nationals celebration around MFA's 40th Anniversary.
- Largest MFA camp since the economic downturn of 2008 is held in June 2015 at Ball State University, with 1,216 students and 170 directors.
- Music for All hits 80% of capacity for its 2015 Bands of America Championships by May 1, 2015.
- Music for All launches online application for all honor ensembles at getacceptd.com.
- Music for All prepares to announce the creation of its new Ovation Awards, recognizing advocacy in action and best practices by schools, boosters, music education organizations, teachers, administrators, and communities.
- Music for All announces extension of contract with Ball State University for the Summer Symposium through 2018.
- Ball State University becomes a Corporate Sponsor of Music for All.
- The U.S. Marine Drum and Bugle Corps join Music for All's family of Corporate Sponsors.
- Bands of America returns to South Valley of Texas with a Regional in collaboration with the City of McAllen, in Fall 2015.
- Music for All undertakes project to digitally archive all past Bands of America videotape masters to protect four decades of recorded marching band history.
...and more to come...!
Music for All will continue to add highlights to this "40 for 40" list throughout the rest of 2015. Tell us your highlights and most memorable moments from the past 40 years of Music for All, Bands of America, and Orchestra America events.