More than 400 participants learned leadership lessons yesterday during the Opening Session with Fran Kick, Leadership Divison Coordinator. Kick shared some helpful tips with the students to ensure they have a positively life-changing experience during the Leadership Experience Weekend.
- Lead by example
- Actions speak louder than words
- Make things happen and have people follow you
- You don't need a title to be a leader
- Put a lot into anything you do so that you get a lot out of it
- Pay attention
- Respond appropriately
- Get involved with what's going on
- It's not just what you know, but who you know
After participating in the session, I was reminded of so many tips and pointers to help me on my own leadership journey. Remember when your student comes home to continue to instill these leadership lessons as they embark on their own leadership journey.
Director of Development and Partnerships