Music for All, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading organizations in support of active music-making. Founded in 1975, Music for All’s mission is to create, provide and expand positively life-changing experiences through music for all. Our vision is to be a catalyst to ensure that every child across America has access and opportunity to participate in active music-making in his or her scholastic environment.
Music for All’s internationally acclaimed repertoire of programs includes more than 30 annual programs across the nation. Among these events are the Bands of America Grand National and Regional Marching Band Championships; Music for All National Festival for concert bands, orchestras, percussion ensembles, and – debuting in 2018 – choirs; Music for All Summer Symposium leadership workshops; and affiliate regional concert band festivals. Music for All also presents national honor ensembles for students: the Honor Band of America, Honor Orchestra of America, Jazz Band of America and the BOA Honor Band in the Tournament of Roses® Parade.
More than 450,000 teens, family members and enthusiasts attend Music for All programs each year with more than 125,000 teens participating. Many more worldwide access Music for All through award-winning web, print, and digital materials; video productions; and social networking.
Music for All, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational organization and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Music for All is seeking qualified candidates for our Marketing Internship. The Marketing Intern works under the direction of the, Marketing Manager and is an important part of the Music for All team. Primary duties include but are not limited to
• Assisting the Marketing Staff in the preparation and execution of marketing materials and projects
• Coordination of information for marketing and communications materials
• Possible work in graphic design, writing, public relations, website maintenance, social media
• Updating of information for website and publication and maintenance of marketing department data
Every candidate for a position at Music for All must understand and acknowledge that a substantial portion of the organization’s business is the planning and execution of special events. As such, all Bands of America employees are involved in the planning of events and have some on‐site event production duties and responsibilities. Some travel, night and weekend work is required.
Music for All is seeking an enthusiastic, team oriented individual with the skills listed below. MFA’s Marketing Internship focus will vary by season, based on the need of current workflow and the training and interests of the successful intern applicant:
• Currently enrolled in a college level degree program (preferred)
• Pursuing a degree in marketing (preferred)
• Writing and proof reading skills
• Excellent inter‐personal skills and ability to communicate with individuals in and out of the organization
• Demonstrated leadership, organization, interpersonal skills as well as strong attention to detail
• Enthusiasm and interest for being involved in a wide variety of marketing‐related projects
• Adobe Indesign required( Creative Cloud currently used)
• Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator helpful
• Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required
• Ability to work independently with little to no guidance
Music for All interns are paid based on experience, education, and time commitment. Interns typically receive a stipend of up to $900 a month, pre-tax. In addition, Interns receive a parking pass that provides free parking in downtown Indianapolis during the term of their internship.
Music for All offers internships year round. These positions are expected to work 40‐hours a week during their internships. Internships usually correspond to the following timeframes: Spring: January – May, Summer: May – August, Fall: August – December. Start and end dates can be modified to fit into the constraints of a current degree program.