Current Job Openings
Music for All's mission is to create, provide and expand positively life-changing experiences through music for all. As one of the nation's largest and most influential organizations in support of music making, we believe that music and arts education is a core to students' education and must be available to all students. Since our founding in 1975, our educational programs support the efforts of instrumental music teachers on the high school and middle school levels, as well as provide positively life-changing experiences for students.
Music for All is a catalyst to ensure that every child across America has access and opportunity to participate in active music making in his or her scholastic environment. We use our resources to provide national programs that recognize and support music students' performance and success, offer music educator training and professional development, and deliver tools and resources to participants and their communities that will assist them in supporting music education by promoting awareness of music's impact on student growth and achievement. Achievement of our ultimate mission means global recognition and acceptance of the concept and principles of "music for all." Our present strategic focus will help create an environment in America where its communities recognize, support and embrace the value of and commitment to scholastic music education and access to it.
More than 300,000 teens, family members and enthusiasts attend Music for All and BOA events each year with more than 80,000 teens participating. Millions worldwide access Music for All through award-winning national newsletters, our Web site www.musicforall.org, video productions, social networking and other print and electronic materials.
Music for All is committed to creating positively life-changing experiences for everyone within and connected to the organization. Our "People" are first among our Core Values. We are only as good as our people. We embrace loyalty and recruit, recognize and reward talented, performing and committed people. We are committed to the growth of the team that serves Music for All as well as those we serve.
Music for All, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational organization.
Music for All is seeking qualified candidates for our Accounting Assistant position. The Accounting Assistant works under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and is an important part of the Music for All Team. Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate processing of invoices, collections, payments and communications regarding Accounts Payable.
- Maintain the integrity of all accounting records and files for vendors and participants.
- Coordinate processing of summer camp participant registrations and maintain accurate records in camp registration database.
- Maintain and account for small amount of inventory for programs
- Assist in the Month-End and Year-End close process, including preparation of account reconciliations and reports, as required to support financial reporting and audit requirements.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and organization policies with respect to cash handling and accounting procedures.
- Assist with other finance and administrative duties as needed.
Every candidate for a position at Music for All must understand and acknowledge that a substantial portion of the organization’s business is the planning and execution of special events. As such, all Music for All employees are involved in the planning of events and have some on-site event production duties and responsibilities.
Music for All is seeking an enthusiastic, team oriented individual with the following skills and experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related field (preferred)
- Minimum of two years experience in an accounting role
- Experience with accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains preferred) and MS Office suite
- Excellent attention to detail, especially under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical and communication skills; strategic thinker
- Experience and demonstrated skills in customer service
- Ability and willingness to travel
Accounting Assistant Search
Music for All, Inc
39 W Jackson Place, Suite 150
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Music for All, Inc. is a 501©(3) not-for-profit educational organization and is committed to a diverse workforce.