The Honor Band member package for participation is $1,939 per student member and includes:
- Membership in the Bands of America Honor Band and opportunity to perform in America’s New Year Celebration®.
- Seven nights first class hotel accommodations (quad occupancy), Wednesday, December 28-Tuesday, January 3.
- Ground transportation to and from all rehearsals, functions, and Tournament events.
- Meals and social events from dinner, December 28 through breakfast January 3.
- Two-Day Disneyland and California Adventure park hopper pass with Performing Arts OnStage Performance.
- New Year’s Day Awards Dinner and Dance.
- Guided tour of Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Hollywood.
- Exclusive Honor Band Tournament of Roses member pin and patch.
- Official Honor Band Group Photo at the Rose Bowl.
- Use of the Official Honor Band uniform designed by Michael Cesario, Uniform by FJM, Inc. (option to purchase jacket as a keepsake at an additional cost).
- Instruction from director Bob Buckner and a world-class staff.
- Leadership development session.
- Experience coordinated by Music for All’s Official Student Travel Partner, Music Travel Consultants.
Total Member Package Cost: $1,939*
(*Based on Quad occupancy. Upgrades to triple or double rooms are permitted. No single rooms will be permitted).
Payment Due Dates
- $389 due by April 1, 2016
- $310 due by May 1, 2016
- $310 due by July 1, 2016
- $310 due by September 1, 2016
- $310 due by October 1, 2016
- $310 due by November 1 , 2016
All payments are non-refundable.
The $1,939 package cost does not include airfare. Travel to Los Angeles is the responsibility of the band member. Members will be met at the airport by an Honor Band staff member and transferred to the hotel. Music for All is working to secure discount airfare through a travel partner, which will be provided to members upon acceptance.
Members are required to arrive in Los Angeles no later than 1 p.m. Wednesday, December 28, 2016. Events and activities begin at 3 p.m. Wednesday, December 28 and continue through 10 p.m., Tuesday, January 3, 2017. Wednesday, January 4 is a return home, travel day.
Additional Rehearsal Commitments
Percussion members will be required to participate in two days of rehearsal in Indianapolis, November 11-13, 2016. Members arrive in Indianapolis on Friday, November 11 for a 7 p.m. start time and rehearse Saturday and Sunday in Indianapolis, during the Bands of America Grand National Championships. The weekend itinerary will include complimentary tickets to Saturday evening’s Grand National Finals. Departure will be after 2 p.m. Sunday. Transportation costs to this additional rehearsal are the responsibility of the band member. Hotel accommodations and meals will be available at the expense of the band member, if desired.
Family and Friends
Parents and families can share in this unforgettable experience. The Rose Parade is the all-American family event! Family and friends packages are priced from $1,199-$2,359 (Quad through Single) and include hotel, select meals and Rose Parade® tickets, 5-7 night stay (Quad thru Single Occupancy)