at the Music for All Summer Symposium, presented by Yamaha
- June 24-29, 2013
- Ball State University, Muncie, IN
- Leadership Weekend Experience: June 22-24
Music for All is redefining the summer camp experience. Immerse yourself and interact with the best-of-the-best to bring out your best!
The string program at the Music for All Summer Symposium is an exciting, creative experience unlike any other!
Douglas Droste, conductor, MFA String Division
Director of Orchestras, Oklahoma State University
String faculty includes:
Joel Braun, Double Bass, Ball State University
Joel Powell, Viola, Avon H.S., IN
Jason Seber, Violin, Louisville Youth Orchestra; Youth Performing Arts School, KY
Dean Westman, Division Coordinator, Avon H.S., IN
• Immerse yourself with outstanding faculty and guest artists for a hands-on experience
• Work on diverse styles
• Master classes
• String orchestra rehearsals for the week-end concerts
• Evening concerts and events
Develop skills while working on diverse styles from classical to jazz, rock, pop and world music, and more. Have fun while participating in Master Classes and rehearsals leading up to the performance opportunity on the concluding Saturday of the Symposium.
All this, in the setting of the full Music for All Summer Symposium, which brings more than 1,200 high school performers together from 35 states and around the world. Leadership is a theme that runs throughout the symposium, helping build strong student leaders as well as skilled musicians.
Experience something far beyond the “every day” at the Music for All Summer Symposium!
What do you need to bring?
- Your instrument, bow, rosin, music stand, shoulder rest (for violin and viola players). Clearly label your equipment with your name, address and school. Please bring your mutes and extra strings.
- Cello/Bass students: please bring your rock stops.
- Comfortable clothes (shorts, jeans & shirts): please note that you will be in air conditioning for the majority of your day.
- CONCERT BLACK for your final performance.
- Girls: long black skirt (below the knee) or slacks are acceptable with a white blouse and black shoes.
- Boys: Dark suit, white shirt, tie, black socks and black shoes.