Marching Band at the Music for All Summer Symposium, presented by Yamaha
Ball State University, Muncie, IN
June 23 - 28, 2014 | Leadership Weekend Experience: June 21-23
Side-by-Side With Carolina Crown
What You'll Learn
While the performance opportunity with Carolina Crown is unforgettable, the focus is on much more than just learning a show. Each student will learn the important fundamentals involved in creating a high level performance, such as creating a balanced and musical sound at all dynamic levels, getting a uniform marching look, “cleaning” drill, creating music and visual effect and the student leadership necessary for a successful marching band. Students meet and get to know others from across the country, sharing with students from a variety of backgrounds who ultimately share their love for music-making. Students experience a national faculty, national standards and a safe away-from-home collegiate campus experience. Leadership is the theme that runs throughout the camp curriculum.
New and Exciting for 2014
- Enhanced integration with the Summer Symposium Drum Major Institute. Division coordinators Bobby Lambert and Jeff Young have planned activties that meet the needs of leaders and drum majors within the marching band track.
- "Inside the Circle" with Carolina Crown - experience the world champions in a way that few are allowed!
- Marching Band track members experience complete integration within the actual 2014 Carolina Crown drill.
- Richard Saucedo is back to teach music ensemble and fundamentals.
2014 Marching Band Faculty
What Do You Need to Bring?
- Your marching instrument (in good working condition) with your name, address and school marked on the case.
- A fold-up MUSIC STAND marked with your name, address and school. This is required of ALL marching band members.
- Any necessary supplies or accessories, such as reeds, neck straps, valve oil, etc.
- Comfortable clothes (shorts & t-shirts): please note that you will be outside for the majority of your day.
- Sunglasses/hat, water bottle, LOTS OF SUNSCREEN!
- Lace-up athletic shoes with proper arch support for all practices and athletic (or thick) socks.