Jazz Band at the Music for All Summer Symposium, presented by Yamaha
Ball State University, Muncie, IN
June 23 - 28, 2014 | Leadership Weekend Experience: June 21-23
The student Jazz Division at the Summer Symposium delivers techniques that can be put to immediate good use at home. Whether beginners looking to get started in playing jazz, or seasoned jazz cats wanting to get to the next level by working with the very best, the Symposium has a place for every student. Music for All's curriculum provides time with leading educators and immerses students in hands-on, experiential learning opportunities.
What Students Will Experience
- A curriculum delivered with a collective, fine-tuned music teaching philosophy.
- Ensemble rehearsal
- Master classes for all instruments standard in the jazz ensemble
- Jazz history
- Exposure to world-class musicians.
Students come away from camp with much more insight into the music, the art of performing and the art of experiencing jazz! Students meet and get to know others from across the country who share their love of music-making and jazz especially. Each jazz ensemble performs in concert at the end of the week for fellow campers, family and friends on the final Saturday of camp.
2014 Jazz Faculty
What Do You Need to Bring?
- Pair of blue jeans, white shirt and tie for your final performance.
- Your instrument, with your name, address and school marked on the case.
- Any necessary supplies or accessories, such as reeds, neck straps, valve oil, etc.
- Comfortable clothes (shorts, jeans & shirts): please note that you will be in air conditioning for the majority of your day.
- Guitar and Bass students do not need to bring amplifiers, these will be provided. However, Guitar and Bass students should bring a cable to connect their instrument to the amplifiers provided. No cables will be available for your use.
- JAZZ DRUM SET STUDENTS ONLY:
- Please do NOT bring your own drum set. Bring sticks, brushes, a practice pad, and ride, crash and hi hat cymbals.