Each year the generosity of individual and corporate donors allows MFA to extend the opportunity to attend MFA’s Summer Symposium to IPS students through full scholarships.
Any student who applies for the IPS Summer Symposium Scholarships must:
- Currently be active in an IPS-sponsored high school music ensemble
- Complete volunteer hours approved by a supervisor OR submit a $50.00 non-refundable deposit
- Attend the current year’s Summer Symposium
- Write a thank you letter to donors for providing the experience
- Participate in the current year’s IPS Summer Band Camp
- Participate in an IPS-sponsored music ensemble during the subsequent academic year
IPS students who attend the MFA Summer Symposium are expected to be role models for all students in IPS music education programs and to strive to help others receive positively life-changing experiences through music.
Recipients are chosen by the staff and faculty of IPS Instrumental Music Programs. Contact Keith White, Indianapolis Public Schools District Director of Instrumental Music, for more information.