Concert Band at the Music for All Summer Symposium, presented by Yamaha
Ball State University, Muncie, IN
June 22 - 27, 2015 | Leadership Weekend Experience: June 20-22
The MFA Summer Symposium offers students an exciting immersive experience with our composer in residence, Michael Markowski.
Dr. Scott Boerma
Dr. Scott A. Jones
Concert Band Division Highlights
- Experience a challenging curriculum for all ability levels.
- Work and interact with some of the nation’s most outstanding conductors and music educators.
- Collaborate with fellow musicians to reach a high level of musical artistry through performance of traditional and contemporary wind band literature.
- Be immersed in hands-on, experiential learning opportunities for musical grown through study with outstanding applied faculty.
- Discover new team building, leadership and problem solving techniques.
- Attend concerts and events every night, including the Yamaha Young Performing Artists, DCI Central Indiana and more.
- Enjoy the premier facilities of Ball State University.
What You'll Learn
What do you need to bring?
- Your instrument, with your name, address and school marked on the case.
- A fold-up music stand marked with your name, address and school.
- Any necessary supplies or accessories, such as reeds, neck straps, valve oil, etc.
- Comfortable clothes (shorts, jeans & shirts): please note that you will be in air conditioning for the majority of your day.
- CONCERT BLACK for your final performance
- Girls: long black skirt (below the knee) or slacks are acceptable with a white blouse and black shoes.
- Boys: black pants, white shirt, dark colored tie, black socks and black shoes.