Directors’ Academy at the 2018 Music for All National Festival
March 15-17, 2018, Indianapolis, Indiana
Band directors and music education majors are invited to join us for the 2018 Directors’ Academy at the Music for All National Festival, presented by Yamaha. For three days you can immerse yourself in classes, clinics, concerts, rehearsals, and social interactions with icons of the band world.
More than 72 ensembles invited to perform – view list of 2018 ensembles.
The experience will include:
- National Concert Band Observation of Performances and Featured Band Clinics
- One hour "Master Class" with each of the Featured Band evaluators where they will discuss their philosophy, professional experience, and offer guidance and advice
- One hour question and discussion following each Master Class, hosted by Richard Crain with Festival evaluators and clinicians
- Social events, including the Director and Evaluator Receptions
- Gala Awards Banquet and Honor Ensemble Concerts
2018 presenters include:
Ray E. Cramer – Director Emeritus Indiana University
Col. Timothy J. Holtan – Commander The U.S. Army Field Band
Craig J. Kirchhoff – Director Emeritus University of Minnesota
Timothy Salzman – Director of Bands University of Washington
Hosted by Richard Crain - Retired Director of Music Spring Independent School District, TX
With Opening Session by Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser - Senior Educational Advisor Music for All
What differentiates this from other opportunities?
The Festival Directors’ Academy is an unparalleled opportunity to sit down in an intimate setting with the icons of music education. You’ll gain valuable insight into the past and future of music education through the lens of those who have blazed the way and who have a stake in – and passion for – your professional well-being, all in the unique performance setting that is the Music for All National Festival.
The $250 Festival Directors’ Academy fee includes:
- All sessions and materials
- Admittance to all concerts
- Social events
- Gala Awards Banquet
- Luncheons with Evaluators (Friday and Saturday)
- Meet the Masters Event (Saturday)
The fee DOES NOT include housing, breakfast or Thursday dinner. “Add On” Two or Three night Hotel and Meal Package are available at an additional cost.
The Directors’ Academy will provide countless opportunities to be involved in Music for All’s premiere event, and to be a part of the many “positively life-changing” moments that have become a signature of the Music for All National Festival.