March 15-17, 2018, Indianapolis, IN
Made possible by the commitment and generous lead donor support of Vandoren.
Designed to offer new educational growth and performance opportunities for individual students and scholastic music programs, the Chamber Music National Festival will offer wind and string musicians the opportunity to perform on a national stage, experience professional coaching, and instrument specific master classes in the extraordinary, student-focused environment that is the Music for All National Festival.
The Chamber Music National Festival stands alongside Music for All’s other offerings which are designed to advance student excellence and support and advocate scholastic music and arts education.
What is the Chamber Music National Festival?
The Chamber Music National Festival is a non-competitive experience produced and surrounded by an atmosphere of national celebration, mutual support, and a shared commitment to excellence. There are no ratings or rankings. Participants and their directors and coaches are encouraged to reach and stretch, strive for innovation and growth, and share and develop an expanded awareness of the possibilities of chamber experiences in successful, well-rounded scholastic music programs. Participating students will experience an atmosphere of personal growth and mutual respect, all while working, performing and celebrating in an environment that is world-class, educational, and fun.
There are still opportunities for schools to apply to become part of the festival.
The Final Deadline for the 2018 Chamber Music National Festival is September 15, 2017.
About the experience
From the Opening Ceremony to the culminating Gala Awards Banquet – convening more than 2,000 students, teachers, and parents from across the nation – you and your students will be engaged in a whirlwind of preparation, performance, growth, and celebration that includes:
- A 20-minute performance followed by 25-minute ensemble post-performance clinic.
- Recorded and written evaluation commentary from a panel of professionals.
- Audio and video commemorative recording of your performance and clinic for each student performer and teacher/coach.
- Concerts and immersive learning opportunities with world-class professional artists.
- Scheduled observation of concerts which ensure a knowledgeable audience.
- Ensemble and individual instrument master classes and additional coaching opportunities.
- Student leadership workshops.
- Collegiate and professional audition preparation workshop.
- Nightly concerts featuring professional chamber groups, the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, Honor Orchestra of America, Jazz Band of America, and Honor Band of America.
- Social events for students and teachers and Gala Awards Banquet honoring all ensembles.
- World-class facilities, from where you sleep to Indianapolis’ finest concert venues.
- Optional “Fam” Trip for chamber ensemble directors or coaches.
About the application and audition process
Participation will be by application and recorded audition. Wind and/or string chamber ensembles ranging from trios to a maximum of 16 members are invited to apply. Each applicant will receive written and recorded comments from the audition. Up to 15 ensembles will be accepted. Multiple ensembles from a single school may audition, with a maximum of four ensembles from a single school accepted.
Completed applications and audition materials must arrive in our office by September 15, 2017. The Application Fee is $100 for the first ensemble from a single school or individual, and $75 for each additional ensemble, capped at $500 for up to eight applications from a single school.
Invited chamber ensembles are obligated to stay at the Festival hotel and participate in the Festival Packages. The cost of attendance will vary depending on the per-person Festival Package selected (see Festival Package sheet for participation package costs and inclusions).
Because of the major commitment to programming and providing resources to support a complete chamber music experience, chamber ensemble musicians should not be members of ensembles accepted for the Festival’s other Featured ensembles or honor ensembles.
The Chamber Music National Festival will offer chamber ensembles a culminating performance experience that is worthy of personal and professional aspiration. Music for All National Festival stages are recognized and respected for their excellence – operationally, experientially, and educationally. Participating will provide a worthy goal that will encourage student and program growth and achievement. We invite you to be a part of this recently launched program and the tradition that is the rich history of the Music for All National Festival.