Part of the Music for All National Festival, presented by Yamaha
- March 14-16, 2013
June 29, 2012 (Early Bird Deadline)
September 15, 2012 (Final Deadline)
All audition recordings due by October 1, 2012*
(*Deadline extended for audition recordings for winds for the Honor Orchestra and Honor Band, until November 1, 2012.)
Honor Orchestra of America
Director of Orchestral Studies
University of Colorado Boulder
2013 Honor Orchestra of America Repertoire:
For a limited time, view video selections from the 2011 Honor Orchestra of America concert online.
The Honor Orchestra of America provides a truly "positively life-changing experience" for outstanding string players, orchestral winds and percussion.
Part of the Music for All National Festival, presented by Yamaha, the 2012 Honor Orchestra of America performed on Friday and Saturday evenings, March 16 and 17 as part of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Subscription Series. Members had the unforgettable opportunity to perform on stage at Hilbert Circle Theatre in Indianapolis during the first half of a concert shared with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
Larry J. Livingston, conductor of the 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012 Honor Orchestra of America, talks about music and finding the best in musicians. It's great to hear the Maestro talk about the experience!
- Written evaluation of auditions for all Honor Orchestra of America applicants
- Instrumental master classes with respected professionals
- One year subscription to SmartMusic® for selected members
- Honor Orchestra of America member and family reception
- Personalized certificate, patch and exclusive Honor Orchestra of America member lapel pin
- DVD and CD recording of the Honor Orchestra of America Concert and group photograph
- Honor Orchestra of America members are eligible to be nominated for The Revelli Scholarship, a $1,000 scholarship awarded to a Music for All National Festival participating senior intending to study music performance or music education and pursue a career as a music educator
- The "credential" of membership in an elite "family" that includes only a select number of the nation’s most outstanding young musicians
"I can honestly say that I have never been a part of nor seen a more amazing program for high school students. I was moved to tears more than once by the performances of the orchestra and I was astonished at the professionalism and expertise in which they handled themselves. Thank you for a positively life-changing experience."
Mindy Dauner, Orchestra Director, South H.S., NE
"At the first orientation meeting you said that our stay in Indianapolis would be a 'positively life-changing experience' – and I was skeptical. I just wondered how playing in yet another orchestra would actually change my life. But by the end of Saturday, I realized that my life had been changed. I met other amazing players, had the opportunity to play with Mr. Livingston, and, of course, played Nimrod and the finale of Shostakovich 5. Nothing gets better than that. I look forward to auditioning for next year’s orchestra!"
Joy Mulhollan, Bass, Dobson H.S., AZ
2013 Music for All National Festival • March 14-16
Final Application deadline for the 2013 Honor Ensembles is September 15, 2012
Download 2013 Application Forms and Full Audition Requirements:
- 2013 Application – Honor Band of America
- 2013 Application – Honor Orchestra of America
- 2013 Application – Jazz Band of America
- Deadline for all audition recordings: October 1, 2012
See full audition requirements on the application forms, download at the links above.