2018 Honor Orchestra of America
These audition requirments are for string musicians applying for the Honor Orchestra of America.
To apply, complete the online application form at app.getacceptd.com/musicforall
. Submit all information, audition fee and audition recording by the deadlines listed below.
Applicants must complete the application and audition requirements and acceptance/admission is based on: 1) Meeting the nationalstandard of excellence required and demonstrated by audition, and 2) availability of remaining positions. Students/candidates are encouraged to apply and audition early.
Wind and percussion players interested in applying for orchestra: Apply using the online, or offline Honor Band of America application (select “prefer orchestra.”)
• Apply by October 1, 2017 to be considered for Livingston Honors Scholarships (see more below).
• Final deadline to apply is November 1, 2017.
• To apply, the student must be a member of his/her school band or orchestra program if the school has a band or orchestra program. Homeschooled students are welcome to apply.
• Applicants must be currently enrolled in high school (American or international equivalent) or a certified program of home study and 19 years of age or younger as of March 17, 2018.
Audition recordings are to be submitted as video files online. Please submit your recordings at app.getacceptd.com/musicforall
For questions, or if you have trouble applying and submitting your audition recording online, please call 800.848.2263 for assistance.
Since this is the only chance for the student to be heard, the quality of the recording should be of utmost consideration. The quality of your recording will affect the evaluators’ ability to review and comment. A high quality audio and video recording is expected.
- Two contrasting excerpts of your own choosing, each approximately two minutes in length.
- Students are encouraged to perform an excerpt that showcases technique and range, as well as an excerpt that showcases expressive and lyrical qualities.
- Upload video via the link at www.musicforall.org/honorform by the deadlines listed above. Rolling auditions mean that your audition will be reviewed when received and you’ll be notified of status as soon as possible.
- Review your recording(s) before you submit to check the sound level and ensure the best audio quality.
- Be aware of the acoustic environment in which you record. Background noise and poor sound quality make your recording difficult to evaluate.
- Only unedited recordings can be accepted, and should be in high fidelity stereo.
- Dress for a performance. This is a professional audition.
- State your name, age and high school at the beginning of your audition recording.
• A limited number of performance-based scholarships will be awarded to select members of the 2018 Honor Orchestra of America who apply by October 1, 2017. Livingston Honors Scholarships are $250 scholarships toward the participation package cost.