Applications now available for the 2014 Honor Ensembles:
Part of the Music for All National Festival, presented by Yamaha
March 5-8, 2014 in Indianapolis, IN
2014 Honor Band of America
Eugene Migliaro Corporon, conductor
Director of Wind Studies and Regents Professor of Music, University of North Texas
Download Honor Band of America PDF with information, application and audition requirements.
2014 Honor Orchestra of America
Larry J. Livingston, conductor
Conductor of Thornton Orchestras, University of Southern Califorinia
Download Honor Orchestra of America PDF with information, application and audition requirements.
2014 Jazz Band of America
Honor Ensemble Application Deadlines:
June 29, 2013 – Early Bird Deadline
September 15, 2013 – Final Deadline
Deadline for all audition recordings: October 1, 2013
Audition requirement basics:
Honor Band of America
- All auditioning students will receive written evaluation of their audition.
- Wind instrument students will utilize SmartMusic® to submit their audition recording.
- Percussionists submit two duplicate videos on DVD. See application for specific percussion DVD audition requirements.
Honor Orchestra of America String Players
- Applicants must submit two duplicate video recordings on DVD-R.
- Only unedited, video recordings on DVD-R will be accepted (playable on Mac and PC computers and DVD players).
- Audition video tape or DVD-R must contain the selected audition excerpts.
- Since this is the only chance for the student to be heard, the quality of the recording should be of utmost consideration.
- The unedited recording must be submitted with the completed application.
- Applying students MUST be members of their school orchestra program if school has an orchestra program. Home-schooled students are welcome to apply.
Honor Orchestra of America Wind and Percussion Players
- Wind and percussion players wanting to audition for the Honor Orchestra of America must apply using the Honor Band of America application and select "prefer orchestra."
Jazz Band of America
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in high school (American, or international equivalent) and be 18 years of age or younger as of March 1, 2014.
- Applicants must submit two duplicate video recordings.
- All submissions should be a DVD video recordings and should not exceed 15 minutes, which includes the selections in the order listed on the application Audition Requirements page.