- September 15, 2013 (Final Deadline)
- All audition recordings due by October 1, 2013
All high school band members are encouraged to audition for the Honor Band of America. Part of the Music for All National Festival, presented by Yamaha, the Honor Band will perform in concert, Saturday evening to close the Festival, before a historically sold-out house.
- Opportunity to work under the baton of Eugene Migliaro Corporon, Director of Wind Studies and Regents Professor of Music, University of North Texas
- Written evaluation of auditions for all Honor Band of America applicants
- Instrumental master classes with respected professionals
- One year subscription to SmartMusic® [http://www.smartmusic.com/] for selected members
- Honor Band member and family reception and party
- Personalized certificate, patch and exclusive Honor Band of America member lapel pin
- DVD and CD recording of the Honor Band of America Concert and group photograph
- Honor Band of America members are eligible to be nominated for The Revelli Scholarship, a $1,000 scholarship awarded to a Music for All National Festival participating senior intending to study music performance or music education and pursue a career as a music educator
- Membership in an elite family that annually includes only 100 of the most outstanding musicians nationwide
Since its inception in 1992, the Honor Band of America has earned a national reputation as one of the nation’s finest student concert honor bands. With the opportunity to rehearse and perform with renowned conductors and world-class guest artists, to premiere new commissioned works for concert band and perform for a “dream audience" of outstanding high school musicians and educators from across the country, the Honor Band of America is a “must" for the finest young musicians. The Honor Band has received international accolades, with a performance at the World Association of Symphonic Bands and Ensembles and concert tour of Europe with Ray Cramer conducting, and a concert tour of Japan with H. Robert Reynolds conducting.
2014 Music for All National Festival • March 6-8