Part of the Music for All National Festival, presented by Yamaha
2014 Music for All National Festival
March 5-8, Indianapolis, IN
2015 Music for All National Festival
March 11-14, Indianapolis, IN
The Honor Band of America is one of three national honor ensembles that are part of the Music for All National Festival, along with the Honor Orchestra of America and Jazz Band of America. All high school band members are encouraged to audition for the Honor Band of America. The Honor Band will perform in concert, Saturday evening to close the Festival, before a historically sold-out house.
Click the button below to download a 2015 application and to read about the audition requirements.
2014 Honor Band of America
Eugene Migliaro Corporon
Conductor, 2014 Honor Band of America
Director of Wind Studies and Regents Professor of Music, University of North Texas
2014 concert includes:
- The Frozen Cathedral, John Mackey
- Ruffles Call from Afar, Yo Goto (snare drum feature w/ Mark Ford)
- Yakka, Jose Rafael Pascual-ĀāVilaplana
- Scherzo: Cat and Mouse, Robert Spittel
- Lost Vegas, Michael Daugherty
- Stubernic Fantasy, Mark Ford (marimba trio feature w/ Mark Ford)
- Everything Beautiful, Sam Hazo, premiere, commissioned in memory of Chuck Campbell
2015 Honor Band of America
Conductor, 2015 Honor Band of America
Professior of Music, Director of Bands and Chair of the Conducting Area, Michigan State University
- Early Bird Application Deadline: June 29, 2014 - $30 application fee
- Final Application Deadline: September 15, 2014 - $45 application fee
- Audition Recording Submission Deadline: October 1, 2014
Honor Band of America Highlights include:
- Opportunity to work under the baton of a world renowend conductor
- Written evaluation of auditions for all Honor Band of America applicants
- Instrumental master classes with respected professionals
- Honor Band member and family reception and party
- Personalized certificate, patch and exclusive Honor Band of America member lapel pin
- DVD and CD recording of the Honor Band of America Concert and group photograph
- Honor Band of America members are eligible to be nominated for The Revelli Scholarship, a $1,000 scholarship awarded to a Music for All National Festival participating senior intending to study music performance or music education and pursue a career as a music educator
- Membership in an elite family that annually includes only 100 of the most outstanding musicians nationwide
About the Honor Band of America
Since its inception in 1992, the Honor Band of America has earned a national reputation as one of the nationās finest student concert honor bands. With the opportunity to rehearse and perform with renowned conductors and world-class guest artists, to premiere commissioned works for concert band and perform for a ādream audienceā of outstanding high school musicians and educators from across the country, the Honor Band of America is a āmustā for the finest young musicians. The Honor Band has received international accolades, with a performance at the World Association of Symphonic Bands and Ensembles and concert tours of Europe and Japan.
Honor Band of America members have hailed from across the nation, from band programs large and small. Today, many Honor Band of America alumni perform in professional symphonies and top military bands. Others are teaching music in schools and colleges nationwide, performing professionally, completing a wide variety of college degrees and are embarking on illustrious and diverse careers that span the spectrum of business and professional enterprise. We invite all students to audition and encourage every director in America to share this opportunity with your finest players.
Honor Band of America members are chaperoned by Music for All, with a staff of parents and teachers assigned to make sure they have a safe, educationally sound and positively life-changing experience.