2017 Honor Band of America
app.getacceptd.com/musicforall. Submit all information, audition fee, and audition recording by the deadlines listed below.
Wind and percussion players interested in applying for orchestra: Apply using the online application, or offline using the Honor Band of America application (select “prefer orchestra.”)
* For string players for the Honor Orchestra of America, see the Honor Orchestra audition requirements and application for string deadlines.
• Applicants must be currently enrolled in high school (American or international equivalent) or a certified program of home study and 19 years of age or younger as of March 11, 2017. app.getacceptd.com/musicforall.
For questions, or if you have trouble applying and submitting your audition recording online, please call 800.848.2263 for assistance.
• Review your recording(s) before you submit to check the sound level and ensure the best audio quality.
• Be aware of the acoustic environment in which you record. Background noise and poor sound quality make your recording difficult to evaluate.
• Only unedited recordings can be accepted, and should be in high fidelity stereo.
• Dress for a performance. This is a professional audition.
• State your name, age and high school at the beginning of your audition recording.
• Total time of audition recording not to exceed 15 minutes. More than one example is permitted if within the time limit.
• Students are encouraged to perform an excerpt that showcases technique and range, as well as an excerpt that showcases expressive and lyrical qualities.