SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENT: Bands of America Regional at Hillsboro Moves Indoors
Adapted to an indoor performance and clinic experience
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2016, 6:53 PM PT – Due to extreme weather conditions from Typhoon Songda, the Bands of America Regional Championship at Hillsboro on Saturday, October 15 has been adapted to an immersion experience indoors, where bands will perform for each other, receive independent clinics with all judges, and enjoy a Bands of America Leadership Experience with John Pollard and Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser.
The event will be held inside at:
Prairie High School
11311 NE 119th St.
The Eastside Catholic H.S. and Mead H.S. Marching Bands will present standstill performances of their shows and participate in an immersive clinic and leadership experience.
Parents and fans are welcome to attend the performances and observe the clinics. Spectators will be admitted free of charge - first-come, first-served - on a “space available” basis. Bands of America’s Official Merchandise Company, PepWear, will be onsite with commemorative souvenirs.
11:30 AM - Doors Open
12:00 PM - Eastside Catholic H.S. Marching Band, WA
12:30-1:30 PM - Clinic
2:45 PM - Mead H.S. Marching Band, WA
3:15-4:15 PM - Clinic
4:30-5:30 PM - The Bands of America Leadership Experience with John Pollard and Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser
Other bands scheduled to perform were unable to attend due to disallowed school travel, due to the extreme weather.
There will be no live stream of this indoor event.
Music for All thanks Barbara Kujava and Prairie High School for their cooperation and help to move the event. Thanks also to the bands, teachers, staff, parents, and boosters of the bands enrolled in the Bands of America Regional at Hillsboro for their support.
ORIGINAL EVENT INFORMATION IS LISTED BELOW, PLEASE SEE ABOVE FOR SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE SHOW.
As of: October 10, 2016
11:15 a.m. - Box Office Opens
11:45 a.m. - Stadium Gates Open
12:15 p.m. - Mead H.S., WA
12:30 p.m. - Evergreen H.S., WA
12:45 p.m. - Chiawana H.S., WA
1:00 p.m. - Bainbridge H.S., WA
1:45 p.m. - Eastside Catholic H.S., WA
2:00 p.m. - Sherwood H.S., OR
2:15 p.m. - Kamiak H.S., WA
2:30 p.m. - Cheney H.S., WA
2:45 p.m. - West Salem H.S., OR
3:00 p.m. - Preliminary Competition Ends
3:45 p.m - Bands of America Leadership Experience with Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser & John Pollard
4:45 p.m. - Bands of America Leadership Experience Concludes/Dinner Break
6:30 p.m. - GATES OPEN
7:00 p.m. - National Anthem/Introduction of Judges and Government Officials
7:30 p.m. - First Performing Finalist Band
9:45 p.m. - Finals Competition Ends
10:00 p.m. - Finale - Presentation of Awards
Tickets can be purchased on-site at the ticket window. More ticket information and pricing can be found here.
Same day, on-site ticket deals are available for children 10 and under, youth 11-18, college students, seniors and active duty military. These ticket discounts are only available at the ticket window on the day of the event at all BOA Regionals and Super Regional Championships.
At the time of the Regional, Tacoma will be on Pacific Daylight Time. Please plan your travel and arrival time accordingly.
- The spectator lot is located on the Northwest side of the Gordon Faber Recreation Complex, north of Softball/Baseball fields 5 and 6. See Site Overview Map below for further information.
- There is no charge for spectator parking.
- Outside food and beverage can be brought in the Stadium.
- Jolesch Enterprises Photography will be on-site to take a group picture of each band after they exit the performance area. They will also be taking action photos on the field level.
- Order information has been included in this packet andwill also be available on-site.
- Due to the professional crew on-site, use of cameras of any kind are NOT ALLOWED on the field (stadium floor) for any BOA event.
- Still cameras (digital or film, professional or otherwise) are allowed into the stadium and may be used from stadium seating, but not on the field.
- Tripods or other similar equipment that may obstruct the view or path of travel of others in seating areas are not allowed.
- The issuance of a “Field Pass” or other non-media BOA Credential does not include the right to use a camera on the field.
- Pass holders must go into stadium spectator seating to use their camera.