Part of the 41st annual Bands of America Grand National Championships,
presented by Yamaha
Friday, November 11, 2016
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Student leadersWork with the man who is the author of this powerful leadership program. It is hard-hitting, based on life-skills, and certain to make a measurable contribution to the health and welfare of your band. The emphasis of the session is about self-development in order to properly lead others to a higher level of group attainment. While many leadership workshops dwell on the leader’s control over the followers, Tim’s curriculum encourages the growth of the group via a nurturing of agreed-upon organizational values that establishes a solid foundation for positive growth in every aspect of the band program.
Who should attendSection leaders, band officers, drum majors, all students with positions of leadership and who aspire to be leaders of their bands and in life.
What you’ll learn
Through activities, examples and valuable information, students will be exposed to:
- Setting High Standards of Excellence
- Fundamentals of Self-Discipline
- Effective Communication Principles
- Value of Risk
- Behavior Modification vs. Motivation
- Dealing with Insecurities
The anticipated outcomes of the workshop are:
- Independent Carry Through
- Sensitivity to Peers
- Development of a Positive Attitude
- Understanding of I/Me vs. We/Us
- Understanding Consequences of Complacency
- Increased Level of Cooperation
- Commitment to Self-Improvement
Pricing: $35 per person$35 per person, $30 per person for groups of 10 or more from the same school by October 31 (after October 31, each registration is $35 per person).
One director attends FREE for every 10 students enrolled.
*Word cloud graphic design courtesy of Attitude Concepts for Today. Visit www.attitudeconcepts.com