Music for All’s Bands of America Grand National Championships, presented by Yamaha is the nation’s most exciting marching band event. First and foremost, Grand Nationals is an educational performance opportunity open to all high school bands, on a first-come, first-served basis. Grand Nationals is also a spectacular music and pageantry event, one that band fans from across the nation and around the world travel to for the exciting and creative performances.
2013 Grand National Championships
November 13-16, 2013
Lucas Oil Stadium
The Grand National Championships is a three-day, Preliminary, Semi-Finals, Finals event, held in Lucas Oil Stadium, one of the world’s premier indoor venues. Bands receive recorded evaluation from panels of leading educators and marching experts, along with written scoresheets. Forty-five bands perform in each of the two separate Prelims contests, balanced with like numbers of bands from each class. Thirty bands then advance to Semi-Finals with a formula that ensures inclusion of representatives of each of the four classes and the top scoring bands from the two separate Prelims contests and the overall event. (See Procedures and Adjudication Handbook for specifics.) The top 12 scoring bands from Semi- Finals, regardless of class, advance to Saturday evening’s finals.
Destination: Grand Nationals
Grand Nationals is a destination with special events and enhancements that create an unforgettable experience. The event includes:
• 90 competing bands
• Exhibition performances by outstanding college bands
• Expo with more than 100 booths
• Student Leadership Workshop with Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser (Friday, Nov. 15 – Registration open to all high school student leaders! Mark your calendars and watch for registration info at musicforall.org)
• Indianapolis Marching Band Tournament
• Grand Finale and Awards Ceremony
• Live Webcast
• Stadium multimedia creates a spectacular live event for participants and spectators
• Indianapolis is a world-class city with cultural offerings and attractions including the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, The Indianapolis Zoo, Indianapolis Museum of Art, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians & Western Art, the Rhythm! Discovery Center, NCAA Hall of Champions and more.
Tickets for spectators
Grand Nationals is an exciting, spectacular event for everyone who loves incredible marching music performances. Mark your calendars to attend, and sign up for the free MFA Network at musicforall.org for advance ticket buying opportunities.
Expo: Reach active, high-achieving teens and their families
If you have or know of a business that would benefit from reaching the thousands of high-achieving high school students, their families and leading marching band directors and staff, consider exhibiting at Grand Nationals. Exhibit booths are located on the concourse during the event.
View the 2013 Exhibitor List
Watch 2012 BOA Championships Online Today
Subscribe to the MFA Video at musicforall.org to watch 2012 BOA Grand National, Regional and Super Regional Championship performances, plus many past years’ BOA shows.
Click here for information on what to do, where to stay, where to eat and more during your visit to Indianapolis.
View media coverage, articles, and the fan guide from the 2012 Grand National Championships to start planning your trip. (Note: 2012 items are available for planning and reference purposes. Some details may change for 2013.)