Come be a part of America's Camp this summer! Music for All is looking for two nurses to be a part of the Summer Symposium medical team. You would need to be in Muncie, Indiana from June 21st through June 30th.
What does a camp nurse do?
• Administer medication
• Ensure safety of the campers
• Asses injuries and make recommendations on course of action
Our head nurse, Erin, is looking for 2 more nurses to round out her team for summer 2013. Erin has been coming back to camp in this role for the last 11 years.
"The camp medical team consists of nurses – RN or LPN, Paramedics and/or EMTs that are available on campus during the entire camp to ensure the safety and health of the students during their camp experience. The team is available to campers 24 hours a day. It is a week full of fun and developing friendships along with ensuring safety of students. The energy of the staff and students is rejuvenating and something to be experienced as it is nearly indescribable. That is what has kept me coming back to camp for the last 11 years." - Head Nurse Erin
Transportation, a stipend, housing in the on-campus dorms and meals are all provided.
Do you want to be a part of this positively life-changing experience this summer?
· “You can take me out of the music, but you can never take the music out of me”
· “Music for All is a wonderful organization and doing wonderful things!” (Sorry couldn’t resist sharing these very kind words from the Musicians of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra!)
· “I believe in music the way people believe in fairy tales.” – August Rush
· “Music is Art Painted on Silence”
· “When words fail, Music speaks”
· “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.”- Albert Einstein
· “Being in the band is one of the greatest things you can do, and don’t let anyone ever tell you any differently!”
· “La musica es el idioma universal” translation “Music is the universal language”
· “If it sounds good, it is good”
· “Without music, life would be a mistake”- Nietzsche
· “Music is what feelings sound like”
· “Even if the whole world has forgotten, the song remembers when”- Hugh Prestwood, sung by Trisha Yearwood
· “Music will save the world”- Pablo Casals
· “God gave us music so we could pray without words”
· “To all those who enter, you are subject to the relentless refining process of music, through uncompromising standards”- Bruce Dinkins
· “Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us”- Martin Luther
· “If Music is Love, Love is Music, then Love is everywhere”
· “It’s all about music. Everything else is second”
· “Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don’t live it, it won’t come out of your horn”- Charlie Parker
· “Life without art is stupid”
· “The great thing about music: when it hits you, you feel no pain”
"Music for All allows band parents the opportunity to work with others with like interests, to enjoy music, and to be a part of something so worthwhile and successful. Even though our own children have graduated, there is still a need to be involved with a wonderful organization and help others see the value of what we do. Meeting new people, traveling, and enriching our lives make us believers of something very special. We've learned that there is life after band....it's more band!" -Sharon and Stu Holzer, Bands of America Volunteers for 25 years
Sharon and Stu join thousands of Music for All volunteers each year to make our programs and events possible. You can, too. Will you join them and help provide positively life-changing experiences? Read more below to learn more about volunteer opportunities at our events year round!
Volunteer opportunities regularly exist at all of Bands of America Regional and Super Regional Championships across the fall. Help is needed in areas such as warm up monitors, bus and truck parking, ticket and program selling, and band flow. Incentives for volunteering include a free volunteer t-shirt, free event program, and behind-the-scenes access to the event.
Come be a part of the spectacle that is the Bands of America Grand National Championships! The 2018 Grand National Championships will once again be held at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis from November 7-10. Volunteers are needed for the entire weekend in areas such as warm up monitors, program selling, and band flow. Join us in providing positively life-changing experiences to the 100+ bands and 15,000+ students that participate!
We are excited to offer the following perks to volunteers that join us at Grand Nationals:
Our Summer Symposium SWAG Team and Directors' Academy Assistants are a group of volunteers that join us at our Summer Symposium at Ball State University every June. Both teams play a vital role in helping us provide a great experience for the 1700+ students and directors that attend camp. SWAGs and Directors' Academy Assistants are carefully selected by a leadership team and are comprised of dedicated music educators, college students, graduate students, and others that have a passion for music education.
Both teams have been filled for the 2018 Summer Symposium; for those interested in being a part of the 2019 Summer Symposium, applications will be avaliable in mid-December.
For more informaiton about the SWAG Team and DIrectors' Academy Assistants, please visit camp.musicforall.org/swag/