Many Texas school fine arts programs have been devastated by Hurricane Harvey, and while school districts are working to help them recover, some immediate needs still exist. Music for All, Texas Music Educators Association, and a number of Texas fine arts organizations want students in these affected programs to have the resources they need to fully experience a well-rounded education that includes the arts, and we don’t want them to have to wait. You can help bring back the arts.
How You Can Help
Please view the Help Requests and find programs you can support. Even if you don’t have the specific items requested, perhaps there is another way you can help them recover.
In conjunction with other state arts education organizations listed below, the Texas Music Educators Association developed this website to be a central registry where arts programs affected by Hurricane Harvey can post their immediate program needs so that individuals and organizations around our state and nation can respond directly to them. As program needs are met, the lists will be updated. Please share this website with your friends, family, and community so we can expand the network of help and resolve every identified need.
Fine Arts Education Associations:
- Texas Music Educators Association
- Texas Art Education Association
- Texas Educational Theater Association
- Texas Dance Educators Association
- Texas Bandmasters Association
- Texas Orchestra Directors Association
- Texas Choral Directors Association
- Texas Music Administrators Conference
- Association of Texas Small School Bands