In celebration of the launch of the Music for All National Choir Festival in 2018, Music for All hosted the first massed-choir to perform the National Anthem that opened the Saturday evening Finals of the Bands of America Grand National Championships, conducted by Henry Leck, Artistic Director of the National Choir Festival.
Music for All thanks National Choir Festival Coordinators Lori Lobsiger and Kim Mann for coordinating this special massed-choir, and the students and choir directors from the following schools:
- Homestead H.S., Fort Wayne, IN – Curtis Shaw, Director
- Little Miami H.S., Morrow, OH – Sarah Baker, Director
- Indian Hill H.S., Cincinnati, OH – Jeff Clark, Director
- Herron H.S., Indianapolis, IN – Jonathan Harris, Scott Riley, Directors
- Indianapolis Youth Chorale, Indianapolis, IN – Mary Evers, Director
Video of the Performance
The choir sang the Alfred Publication, SATB Star Spangled Banner arrangement by Russ Robinson, under the direction of Henry Leck, founder of the Indianapolis Children’s Choir and Music for All Educational Consultant. It was a truly incredible performance that impressed the audience and certainly introduced choir to the Music for All family in a perfect way.