Music for All is excited to announce that this year's Winston-Salem Regional will be expanded to a two-day Super Regional format, to be held October 18-19 at Bowman Gray Stadium. The show is currently a 37-band show with 12 bands competing in Finals. One panel of judges will serve this event and show enrollment is limited to 50 bands.
We are still taking applications for Friday preliminary performance times until an enrollment of 50 is reached. Enroll online or call the Music for All office at 800.848.2263 if interested in participating in this newest Super Regional.
Music for All is pleased to announce a partnership with the West Salem High School Band Boosters and the Northwest Association of Performing Arts to bring a show to the Pacific Northwest. This Bands of America Northwest show will be hosted and operated by the West Salem Band Boosters at Hillsboro Stadium in Hillsboro, Oregon on October 12, 2013.
The show will use BOA field operation procedures and Adjudication Handbook and be judged by a Bands of America assigned panel using Bands of America sheets.
This 2013 offering is a precursor to the launch of a full-fledged BOA Pacific Northwest Regional in 2014. We hope you will support West Salem, NWAPA, and choose to participate. Click here to learn how to register for this new performance and BOA evaluation opportunity.
Come be a part of America's Camp this summer! Music for All is looking for two nurses to be a part of the Summer Symposium medical team. You would need to be in Muncie, Indiana from June 21st through June 30th.
What does a camp nurse do?
• Administer medication
• Ensure safety of the campers
• Asses injuries and make recommendations on course of action
Our head nurse, Erin, is looking for 2 more nurses to round out her team for summer 2013. Erin has been coming back to camp in this role for the last 11 years.
"The camp medical team consists of nurses – RN or LPN, Paramedics and/or EMTs that are available on campus during the entire camp to ensure the safety and health of the students during their camp experience. The team is available to campers 24 hours a day. It is a week full of fun and developing friendships along with ensuring safety of students. The energy of the staff and students is rejuvenating and something to be experienced as it is nearly indescribable. That is what has kept me coming back to camp for the last 11 years." - Head Nurse Erin
Transportation, a stipend, housing in the on-campus dorms and meals are all provided.
Do you want to be a part of this positively life-changing experience this summer?
Music for All is proud to announce that three employees have been promoted to executive and manager positions.
Debbie Laferty Asbill has been named Vice President of Marketing and Communications. Asbill joined the Music for All (MFA) staff in 1985, when the organization was known as Bands of America. She most recently served as MFA’s Director of Marketing and Communications. She has a degree in communications from Morehead State University in Morehead, Kentucky and was inducted into Music for All’s Bands of America Hall of Fame in 2011.
Laura Blake has been named Events Manager. Blake joined the Music for All (MFA) staff in May 2005 as Receptionist and quickly moved to an Event Coordinator position the next fall. Since then she has been heavily involved in the operations of all events, taking the lead on volunteer recruitment and management as well as equipment logistics. Laura, raised in Indianapolis, attended Butler University and is a former Bands of America participant.
Tonya Bullock has been named Accounting Manager. Bullock joined the Music for All (MFA) staff in September 2009 as an Accounting Specialist. Since then she has been heavily involved in the daily accounting functions as well as managing tickets and merchandise for all events. She has a degree in Accounting from Indiana University.
Join us in congratulating Debbie, Laura and Tonya on their promotions as they continue to provide postively life-changing experiences for all!
Music for All is thrilled to announce that we will be streaming Live Webcasts of the 2013 Honor Band of America, Honor Orchestra of America* and Jazz Band of America. While there’s nothing that compares to being in the audience when your favorite musician performs, our streaming Webcasts give you the opportunity to still enjoy the honor ensemble concerts live.
Jazz Band of America – Friday, March 15, 8:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
Honor Orchestra of America – Saturday, March 16*, 7:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
Honor Band of America – Saturday, March 16, 8:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
* Only Saturday’s concert by the Honor Orchestra of America concert will be Webcast Live from Hilbert Circle Theatre. Friday’s Honor Orchestra concert will not be Webcast Live.
Solo or Subscribe
Your one-year Premium Subscription includes all of the 2013 Honor Ensemble Live Webcasts, for just $59. As an added bonus, if you start your one year Premium Subscription now you’ll get the 2013 fall Bands of America Championship Live Webcasts, plus all Video On Demand of the 2013 Festival concerts and past MFA and BOA performances.
Honor Ensemble performances are also available as a Live Solo: Live Webcast of all three performances for $19. Click here for more information on pricing and ordering.
Video on Demand, post-event
All of the Festival concerts, including the three honor ensemble concerts, the Festival concert bands, orchestras and the percussion ensemble performances will also be available as Video on Demand, after the event, with your MFA Encore video subscription. Video on Demand allows you to enjoy your honor ensemble performance after you return home, whenever you want.
Another great way to stay connected with what is happening at the National Festival is to connect with Music for All on Social Media!
“Like” us on Facebook for updates and photos!
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
*Use hashtag #mfafest on Twitter and Instagram to join the conversation with us and other festival participants & fans!
· “You can take me out of the music, but you can never take the music out of me”
· “Music for All is a wonderful organization and doing wonderful things!” (Sorry couldn’t resist sharing these very kind words from the Musicians of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra!)
· “I believe in music the way people believe in fairy tales.” – August Rush
· “Music is Art Painted on Silence”
· “When words fail, Music speaks”
· “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.”- Albert Einstein
· “Being in the band is one of the greatest things you can do, and don’t let anyone ever tell you any differently!”
· “La musica es el idioma universal” translation “Music is the universal language”
· “If it sounds good, it is good”
· “Without music, life would be a mistake”- Nietzsche
· “Music is what feelings sound like”
· “Even if the whole world has forgotten, the song remembers when”- Hugh Prestwood, sung by Trisha Yearwood
· “Music will save the world”- Pablo Casals
· “God gave us music so we could pray without words”
· “To all those who enter, you are subject to the relentless refining process of music, through uncompromising standards”- Bruce Dinkins
· “Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us”- Martin Luther
· “If Music is Love, Love is Music, then Love is everywhere”
· “It’s all about music. Everything else is second”
· “Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don’t live it, it won’t come out of your horn”- Charlie Parker
· “Life without art is stupid”
· “The great thing about music: when it hits you, you feel no pain”