2016 Music for All Summer Symposium
Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
June 27 - July 2, 2016 • Leadership Weekend June 25-26
Attend the Summer Symposium at no cost (up to a $625 value!)
Increase your student count! Count each registered and paying student camper on your bus as one of your students, entitling you to one free student or director slot for each 12 paying campers on the bus.
Offer students our lowest enrollment fees (with deposit of $250 made by March 31 to hold the Super Saver; by May 21 to hold the Early Bird fee.)
L.J. Hancock Summer Symposium Scholarships
The L.J. Hancock Summer Symposium Scholarship Fund was created in honor of L.J. Hancock (1952-2002) to celebrate his life and work as a great educator and a beloved friend. The scholarship fund benefits individual students who are interested in attending the Summer Symposium but do not have financial means or due to hardship cannot afford to pay the tuition and fees needed to apply and attend this annual summer music camp.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need. It is the intent of the Music for All Foundation to provide scholarships of at least $100 but not more than $270. Our hope is the scholarship program will help to ensure that the Summer Symposium is financially accessible for every student.
In order to reserve space for applicants until scholarship applications can be evaluated, the camp application form needs to be submitted to Music for All. Scholarship recipients will be required to pay the remainder of the tuition necessary to attend camp in advance.
2016 Scholarship Application
Scholarship applications will be accepted through May 8, 2016.
· “You can take me out of the music, but you can never take the music out of me”
· “Music for All is a wonderful organization and doing wonderful things!” (Sorry couldn’t resist sharing these very kind words from the Musicians of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra!)
· “I believe in music the way people believe in fairy tales.” – August Rush
· “Music is Art Painted on Silence”
· “When words fail, Music speaks”
· “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.”- Albert Einstein
· “Being in the band is one of the greatest things you can do, and don’t let anyone ever tell you any differently!”
· “La musica es el idioma universal” translation “Music is the universal language”
· “If it sounds good, it is good”
· “Without music, life would be a mistake”- Nietzsche
· “Music is what feelings sound like”
· “Even if the whole world has forgotten, the song remembers when”- Hugh Prestwood, sung by Trisha Yearwood
· “Music will save the world”- Pablo Casals
· “God gave us music so we could pray without words”
· “To all those who enter, you are subject to the relentless refining process of music, through uncompromising standards”- Bruce Dinkins
· “Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us”- Martin Luther
· “If Music is Love, Love is Music, then Love is everywhere”
· “It’s all about music. Everything else is second”
· “Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don’t live it, it won’t come out of your horn”- Charlie Parker
· “Life without art is stupid”
· “The great thing about music: when it hits you, you feel no pain”